RESYNTEX is a research project which aims to create a new circular economy concept for the textile and chemical industries. Using industrial symbiosis, it aims to produce secondary raw materials from unwearable textile waste.
Core Project Aims:
- Design a complete value chain from textile waste collection through to the generation of new feedstock for chemicals and textiles
- Improve collection approaches while increasing public awareness of textile waste and social involvement
- Enable traceability of waste using data aggregation. The collected data will evaluate the performance of the new value chains by means of a life cycle assessment (LCA) and life cycle costing (LCC)
- Develop innovative business models for the chemical and textile industries
- Demonstrate a complete reprocessing line for basic textile components, including liquid and solid waste treatment
We will keep you updated about the results of this project.
Find out more at: www.resyntex.eu